Lloyd Donnelly prides itself on giving our clients the very highest level of service, but if there is anything you are not happy about, then please let us know straight away. If there is any aspect of our service that you are unhappy with, or you are unhappy with the amount you have been charged, we will either a) meet with you to discuss the substance of your complaint; or b) write to you offering an explanation and try to resolve the difficulty.
If you do make a complaint, we will write to you with details of our Client Complaints Policy. If for any reason we are unable to resolve matters between us, or your complaint is taking longer than 8 weeks to resolve, then we are regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and you may complain to the Legal Ombudsman:
By telephone: 0300 555 0333 / In writing: Legal Ombudsman, PO Box 6806 Wolverhampton WV1 9WJ
Ordinarily, you can ask them to look at your complaint if it meets all three of the conditions below:
1. The problem or when you found out about it, happened after 5 October 2010; and
2. You are referring your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman within either of the following:
- Six years of the problem happening; or
- Three years from when you found out about it; and
3. You are referring your complaint to them within six months of our final response.
If your complaint is about your charges, then alternatively you may request the Court carry out an assessment of the fees, under Part 111 of the Solicitors Act 1974. If you wish to make such a request, you must do so within three months after delivery of the bill or within any lesser time specified by us at the time of delivery of the bill. This lesser time cannot be less than one month.